Topband: Question...

k8bhz at hughes.net k8bhz at hughes.net
Fri Feb 27 17:33:51 EST 2015

I think you've missed Eddy's point. Like him, I don't have a computer in the
shack. The radios are in my lab down in the basement; my computer is
upstairs in the "computer room". Yes, I'm obviously on that computer now,
but I have never pretended that it's a radio! I used to enjoy working meteor
scatter & EME, until both were "improved" with computers. Now people swap
qsl's for contacts that they personally never heard; one's that their
computers have worked instead...Somehow it's not the same. To each his own.
There used to be a large number of hams participating in meteor scatter, but
now that it's made easy, very few do. As BB King said "The thrill is
gone"...

Brian Mattson  K8BHZ