Topband: Remote now DXCC??

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Sat Feb 28 20:32:03 EST 2015

Doug,

I don't think using remotes in different countries would be permitted
even under the most liberal interpretation of the new ARRL DXCC rules.
As far as I know, for example, using the RHR site in Sicily would
require me to sign IT9/W4EF. If I were to simply sign W4EF, I would
likely not be in compliance with Sicilian telecommunications law. If I
tried to submit a QSL made out to IT9/W4EF, for my US DXCC, it would not
count since clearly the contact was not made from a transmitter located
in the continental United States. Thus, to make use of a remote in a
different country to gain an advantage in the ARRL awards program,
requires more than an ethical breach. It requires breaking the law since
I would have to sign W4EF when using the IT9 remote to pull it off. .

73 Mike W4EF...