Topband: Looking for 160m narrow beam RX advice - an interesting combination of ideas

Lloyd Berg N9LB lloydberg at charter.net
Tue Jan 6 13:14:26 EST 2015

I have received many suggestions and ideas on this subject.

Finding a single RX antenna system that nulls the neighbor noise sources
at 90 and 270 degrees is proving to be a challenge.

Greg has offered an interesting idea that would integrate noise
canceling/nulling technology with a traditional RX receive antenna
system.  Possibly providing a "best of both worlds" solution.  I want to
share this idea with this group to see if others have any experience
with this proposed solution.

I could place a "noise antenna" next to each neighbor, mix the
equal-length feed lines together ( in phase ) for the noise source null,
and then place the actual receive antenna (in-line verticals, loops,
K9AY or Shared Apex ) right in the very center of my yard (
centered/equidistant from the noise antennas ).

Has anyone used multiple noise antennas feeding a single noise canceling
device?

Has anyone cascaded/combined a noise canceling device such as the NCC-1
or MFJ-1026 with a traditional short RX vertical(s) array or loop(s) or
K9AY or Shared Apex?

Thank you and 73

Lloyd - N9LB