Topband: Antenna patterns (in close)

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Sun Jan 11 12:16:30 EST 2015

Is there a cheap program that calculates and *displays* antenna patterns in
close to the antenna?

I'm working on a better way to explain the limits of using receiving
directivity, and explain why what might be phenomenal "this is the best
thing ever" to one person might be "don't work for crap" to someone else.

I can do it in an excel sheet, but that it tedious and it doesn't paint a
good visual picture.

I'm looking for a way to visually show why sometimes a certain thing works
great, and other times the very same thing just stinks in very similar
situations, and why things like noise cancellers might or might not work
with multiple sources when the cases on the surface appear similar or to be
easy solutions.

Thanks,
Tom