Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule

Larry Burke wi5a at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 20 13:27:00 EST 2015

> Remote bases are now banned from DXCC as well.

Unfortunately, remotes are allowed by DXCC.... including the ones you access
with a credit card (e.g., RemoteHamRadio.com). In fact, you don't even need
a radio these days to get on Honor Roll. Not sure what satisfaction a guy
receives in getting DXCC this way.... it's kinda like kissing your sister.

It wasn't too long ago that an ARRL award hanging on your shack wall meant
something. Those days are behind us.

- Larry K5RK