Topband: EP6T and outside world

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Fri Jan 23 12:39:39 EST 2015

But that would mean it stopped being a gentleman's band when the very first
radios were manufactured, since the first radios including 160. 160
disappeared from most (not all) equipment when we lost the band to LORAN
after WWII, and then slowly reappeared.

Problem people are always a certain part of the general population. 160 had
people jamming DX nightly through the 1970's and 80's as a "hobby" or "group
sport". It isn't new behavior, and it really is not any worse then it ever
was, with the exception people might worry less about the FCC any more.

But then......we all love deregulation and less Government as a social
advancement.   :)

One of the biggest recent hoots was when a group of AMers called the "think
tank", whose spokesperson would get in AM vs. SSB fights, petitioned the FCC
for no restrictions on where AM (or any mode) could operate.  The ultimate
deregulation.