Topband: over confident

Mark Langenfeld lmlangenfeld at tds.net
Sat Jan 24 12:48:34 EST 2015

Yeah, Rick, they often will do that.  (I was offered an after-the-fact log "fix" when XR0ZR copied and apparently repeated my call as WA9EK -- an error I missed while on the air. But I knew I would never be able to look at that XR0 QSL as "legit," so I said "Thanks; no," and chalked it up to experience.)

Maybe I'm just being old-fashioned and stupid, but I always believed that a busted call exchange equals a busted Q.  This is ham RADIO, and "completing" a Q via the internet just doesn't seem right to me.

My $0.02,

Mark -- WA9ETW

Message: 7