Topband: Elimination of Treadmill RFI on 160 meters

Don Kirk wd8dsb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 20:22:57 EST 2015

Treadmill combination filter update.

Today I replaced the 10 amp commercial filter with the 20 amp version of
the filter, and the results are similar.  Below are a few measurements on
160 meters and 80 meters showing how effective the combination of the two
filters are (14 turn toroid choke, and commercial filter model 20DRGG5 made
by Delta) in reducing my treadmill RFI.

*1.8068 Mhz*
No Filters : 19db over S9
With Filters : S7 which is my noise floor

*1.8291 Mhz*
No Filters : 15db over S9
With Filters : S7 which is my noise floor

*3.5250 Mhz*
No Filters : 28db over S9
With Filters : S6 which is my noise floor

*3.5475 Mhz*
No Filters : 25db over S9
With Filters : S6 which is my noise floor

The 3.5250 Mhz readings indicate the filter is knocking the signal down at
least 46db (and probably more).

73,
Don (wd8dsb)