Topband: Elimination of Treadmill RFI on 160 meters

Brad Rehm bradrehm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 20:21:01 EST 2015

Yes.  Remember, the test is conducted with the EUT taped to a grounded
copper plate on the table top.  The LISN is taped to a grounded plate on
the floor of the test chamber.  This is not how we set up and use equipment
in our homes.

Like many compliance tests, this one is accepted as "sufficient" to allow
us to measure emissions.  My experience this morning shows that in some
cases it is sufficient.  Don's experience shows it may not be in others.
In any case, I think there's a good chance both of these treadmills would
fail a CE re-test.

Brad