Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule

Larry Burke wi5a at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 29 20:55:49 EST 2015

Agree... let's cut out the middleman and just pay for a QSL directly.

Tom's suggestion was a valid one. If we don't like the direction the ARRL
has been heading with this we should let our DXAC rep, Programs & Services
Committee rep, and Division Director know. The commercial remote businesses
encouraged their customers to lobby their ARRL reps and look how the rule
turned out. As I understand it, the treatment of remotes for DXCC credit is
a work in progress. Make your voice heard -- loudly and often.

BTW, the minutes from the ARRL January Board meeting shows only two
Directors went on record as opposing the recent DXCC rule changes -- K5UZ
and K7CEX.

- Larry K5RK