Topband: Video Switch for Low Band Antenna switching

Herbert Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Sun Jul 5 19:10:13 EDT 2015

The early Dynair switches are passive and they only require pushing in
the old fashion PB snap switches.  The only voltage they use (optional)
is for switch illumination which was required to show with video monitor
was connected to a particular source in a darkened control room.  I
removed all wiring and the 12v supply since it is easy to see in front
of me which RX antenna is selected.  My only complaint is that during a
contest one hand (also the one I send CW with) is constantly changing
antennas.  The design by Gary with the momentary pad is a big
improvement especially if it has a computer interface selection for
remote operating.  Right now I can only switch 6 antennas by the remote
op on the mainland by using IP Power and a bunch of relays in
conjunction with a DX-Engineering RTR-1

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ