Topband: Fwd: ARRL Board meets next week - I'm looking for input

Charles Cu nningham charlie-cunningham at nc.rr.com
Fri Jul 10 15:54:40 EDT 2015

Hi, Mike

Well, I've been licensed and a DXer since February 1957.  In my opinion
remote stations and operations should NOT be acceptable for DXCC. Perhaps a
special NEW DXCC could be established for those operations Most of us over
the decades have worked diligently so improve our stations and antennas
within the bounds available to us!  To have to compete with remote Super
Stations that are sited to provide significant advantages on certain DX
paths or bands REALLY spoils it for oo many of us, and establishes is as a
"Sport for the Rich" like so many other things in our society!  I am opposed
to offering conventional "DXCC" credit for remote operations!

73,
Charlie, K4OTV