Topband: WD-1A wire

Roger Parsons via Topband topband at contesting.com
Mon Jun 8 09:44:25 EDT 2015

Thanks for all the replies received both direct and on this reflector.

The pretty much unanimous opinion seems to be that WD-1A will be good to use as the Beverage elements.

I perhaps didn't make it clear that I am not using the wire as a reversible Beverage, but as elements of parallel arrays. (I was upset when I couldn't hear a couple of expeditions last season :-)

I already have a lot of Beverage antennas, mostly using copper hook-up wire. Those work well, but I have to regularly repair breaks. I am now using the W8JI technique with the WD-1A with the tensioned wire passing through electric fence insulators. Quite a lot of work in the bush with several billion mosquitoes and black flies helping me, but hopefully it will be worth it.

Thanks again to all

73 Roger
VE3ZI