Topband: A midsummer nights contest

Art Snapper art at nk8x.net
Sun Jun 21 19:45:36 EDT 2015

I participated for a couple hours. QRN was very high in S.W. Michigan.  I
found some relief by phasing a BOG with my OCF antenna while  transmitting
on the inv. L.

KV4FZ and HC1PF were copyable, but they couldn't hear my 100W. The
thunderstorms were just south of me, so I probably couldn't overcome the
lightning static.they encountered in my direction.

 Hopefully there will be a 160-capable amp in the shack by fall.

Art NK8X
ᐧ