Topband: [Bulk] Why do rodents eat coax?

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Mon Nov 9 16:59:18 EST 2015

I rented the smallest walk behind trencher from the local Home Depot, it
cuts about a 2" wide trench and will go down at least 12".  By not
getting close to tree trunks to avoid any large roots and to minimize
any tree damage, I cut a 300' run through a forest for 1 1/4" conduit.
The cable guys here do that with a flat blade shovel like widget and
drop in flooded RG6, but for me, the trencher was the way to go.  About
$100/day, and I think that included the trailer.  Of course it depends
on soil, roots, and rocks but 100' an hour was no sweat.

Another way, if a tractor is big enough and there is enough space
between trees is to pull a cable or conduit/pipe with a Kellems grip
attached to the back of a single point ripper.  Did that to replace
6000' of 1" pvc to a spring, but some rocky areas did need a ride on
trencher.  We could pull/bury 200' to 400' at a time of 1" pvc glued
pipe about 12" down in CA adobe.  Messenger RG6 might pull a long way.

Grant KZ1W