Topband: Why do rodents eat coax?

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Mon Nov 9 19:24:42 EST 2015

I have this same problem all the time,  I tried to put a BOG out, made
of teflon wire,
thinking they would not eat teflon,  it lasted a few days and was chewed
In pieces,   Coax the same,
Latest I found is my phyllistran guy wires are all chewed near the bottom,
herds of deer are the problem with that,  anything on the ground is done
away with by mongoose.
I have found no solution,  only sunny part is the deer keep me in steaks and
burger all year round,   mongoose is good for nothing.
Merv K9FD/KH6

I can't afford to spend $150 each time an animal feasts on it. I need to
do something different! Incidentally, the beverage still has great
directivity, but signals are very weak with the bad cable. It is barely
useable now as a result. 73 Dave K1WHS