Topband: Evolution

Eric NO3M no3m at no3m.net
Sun Nov 15 13:39:28 EST 2015

AMRAD upconverter:

http://www.amrad.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/AMRAD_Low_Frequency_Upconverter-1.pdf

FAR circuits even has PCBs for the AMRAD one, but easy enough to
perfboard it.  Some other ones, incl. commercial:

http://njdtechnologies.net/the-mf-solutions-630-meter-transmit-downconverter/
http://www.vk3xdk.net46.net/1_31_600M-472Khz-479Khz-Transverter-V2.html
http://www.g4jnt.com/LFUpconv.pdf
http://www.northcountryradio.com/Kitpages/lfconv.htm

I use the VK3XDK boards, one full TX/RX and the other RX only so I can
use the K3 in diversity.  The transverter LO is 10 MHz, which is a
transverter band in the K3, so you'll get direct freq readout. Someday
I'll get the new synth boards and bypass the transverter....

73 Eric NO3M