Topband: RFI - Lots of it

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Oct 25 19:03:06 EDT 2015

On Sun,10/25/2015 3:13 PM, Jim Murray via Topband wrote:
> This Summer I spent a lot of time and effort putting up an Inverted L and radial system.

An important part of moving to a new QTH is grounding and bonding. One
of the things I did in my professional life was teach grounding and
bonding to audio and video professionals. Here's my tutorial on the
topic focusing on techniques applicable to ham radio.

http://k9yc.com/GroundingAndAudio.pdf

I moved into a new QTH 10 years ago. It was out in the country, but it
was very noisy. Over the following year or so, I discovered that
grounding and bonding was a disaster -- it violated very rule in the
book. Once I corrected those fundamental errors, it's now pretty quiet
most of the time.

73, Jim K9YC