Topband: RFI and lots of it

Steve Ireland vk6vz at arach.net.au
Wed Oct 28 03:40:21 EDT 2015

Hi Jim (Murray)

Jim K9YC is absolutely right - I live in a similar situation to you and the
problems have been markedly improved by getting the grounding and bonding to
earth improved around the house - wish I had taken Jim's advice years ago.
House earths are often very simple at best and whilst they may be good
enough to save your life, they are often not good enough in terms of RF.

Have a look at Jim's book (there are some great diagrams) and get an
professional electrician in to beef up/improve the house earth/improve the
equipment bonding.

The likelihood is you win both ways - probably be safer and the RF noise
will be lower.

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ

On Sun,10/25/2015 8:59 PM, Jim Murray via Topband wrote:
> Tomorrow I will walk the line and see if I can come up with anything.

Jim,

I STRONGLY suggest that you check out grounding and bonding in your home
before looking for noise sources. Poor or missing grounding and bonding
will bring noise into your home, so you need to get that right FIRST.

73, Jim K9YC

---