Topband: K9AY and horizontal wire distance from ground

K9AY k9ay at k9ay.com
Wed Sep 2 14:04:43 EDT 2015

Damien,

The height of the horizontal bottom wires is not important. The antenna will work with any height from nearly on-ground to 10 feet or more. With an elevated loop, be sure that the ground wire is vertical, not sloped, to avoid skewing the pattern.

You may see changes in the optimum value of the resistor with different heights, so be prepared to adjust it if necessary.

73, Gary
K9AY
______________

Hi ,

I have a question before again put on place in 2 weeks my homebrew K9AY.

So 86 ft long wires loops,on a 25 ft insulated pole, grounding .. etc. ,
preamp , all "nearly" like original.

My  question is about the real height above ground of the "horizontal" part
of the 15 ft wire from base point with the relay box and the height of the 4
extrems points of the loop

Original seems to be 5 ft and the relay box ??? 1ft it seems.

Last season feedpoint was at 1ft and extrems at 3ft on my clay ground.

On some pictures I have saw some feed point (relay box) between 1 and 4 ft
and each side of the loop between 2 and 8 ft.

So many sound.

And if somebody has ever done some tests with this influence or has good
explains , my hears are full opens!

73s Tnx

Damien F4AZF