Topband: Receive loop observations

Raoul Coetzee raoulcoetzee at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 05:57:01 EDT 2016

Rick wrote:>With a>circumference of 20 to 40 feet on 160 meters, the null is only
>10 or 15 dB deep.
I use a medium wave  BC station about 10miles away from as a reference to check my 160m loop, (the loop is reasably broadband but no good on 80m) they are about 4 Degrees East off me and with a nice signal of about 40 db and I  easily get a a null signal of S 9.I have played around a lot with my  FT1000 MP MKV's S-meter using a step ,attenuator, and the meter is most accuratein the range above S9 so I am  reasonably happy with my finding of a null of about 40db.Come to think of it, I have an old HP Spectrum analyser that I could use to get a decent measurement.
Regards,Raoul Zs1C