Topband: Half slopers ???

Ryszard Tymkiewicz rtym at ippt.pan.pl
Sat Apr 2 07:50:26 EDT 2016

> Are we talking half slopers or quarter wave slopers here. ..... shield
> bonded to the tower at the top.
> 73
>

> Ed  N1UR
>
> _
Ed I was talking exactly about such (quarter wave ) sloper  and I have
had shield connected
to the tower at the top. SWR was 1:1 on both 160 and 80m but there were
independent
wires for each band connected to a coax by realys. I still use this
system on 80m and
its not bad but I have very good soil. For sure shunt fed tower will be
the best solution...
but as I wrote I can't use it on 80m as the hat is too big. It was even
not problem with matching
because I was able to do it but reports from far located stations were
worse than on sloper..probably too high
angles...so I stay with slopers on 80m (quarter wave) till now.

                            Rys  SP5EWY