Topband: K1FZ ground rod difficulty

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 16:25:39 EDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 2:57 PM, <donovanf at starpower.net> wrote:

> Ground rod problems aren't unusual, among the many excellent alternatives
> is to use chicken wire laid on the ground or slightly buried.

Bingo!!!!  KM1H has shallow soil, and he uses some kind of plastic-coated
welded wire fencing with good results. I forget the details, but he's
posted lots of info about that on qrz.com and/or eham.net.

> One of my former employers built hundreds of Beverage antennas ...
> http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=AD0630092

Frank, did you mean *Beverage* antennas? That PDF appeared to be about a
log periodic.

If you did mean Beverages, where was the chicken wire located in relation
to them?

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com