Topband: 2 element vertical for 80m with 1/8wavelength spacing

Filipe Lopes ct1ilt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 10:53:01 EDT 2016

Hi guys,

Has anyone tried spacing 2 verticals on 80m 1/8 wavelength, instead of 1/4
wavelength?

I am starting some new project and I will use the 2x157º and 1x39º phasing
lines but my question is regarding it's performance in both CW and SSB
portions of the band.

I wonder, if I tune both verticals to 3.650 MHz, if the degradation of F/B
and Gain in the higher and lower parts of the band will be significant?

If Yes, which is the best way to tune both in CW and SSB?

Thanks in advance for help.

73's Filipe Lopes
CT1ILT - CR6K
F4VPX - TM3M