Topband: The band sans noise

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 10:26:37 EDT 2016

Hi Rob,

I suppose I could just scrap out the gear and put more energy into my
music. I play acoustic instruments (no electricity needed) at some
dances and other community events along with several other musicians and
acoustic instruments. In that role we *ARE* the QRM! <evil grin> And
about the remaining time..I bought a big honking, zero-turn mower and
even though I now mow the grass for three of my neighbors it takes me
minutes instead of hours. I'll be using my remaining time for things
that are a lot more fun. Ham radio is still in the lineup here :)

BTW..some of the DSP and SDR software (even without SDR hardware) can
help pick the signals from between the spikes on the raucous QRM. I get
some crap in here that looks like the Burger King's crown on the display
with perfectly good signals in between the "ornaments". Hint - hint.

73,

Bill  KU8H