Topband: [TowerTalk] radial lengths ...

Herbert Schoenbohm herbert.schoenbohm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 07:38:52 EST 2016

One nice trick I have used in the past to locate buried radials and
check them for continuity is to walk around the radial field with a good
professional FSM (field strength meter) tuned to station's transmitted
signal (at reduced key down power preferably to protect the transmitter)
and with the loop close to the ground. Every time you walk across a
buried radial you will see a slight blip or peak in the signal strength
reading.   This may sound weird but it works. Broken radials may also
show a blip but not as pronounced as a good radial.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ