Topband: Epsom salts & Rx Antennas

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 16:10:31 EST 2016

Hi Frank,

I think you may have common salt confused with Epsom salts.

- Common salt is sodium chloride. The stuff we sprinkle on our food and
melt ice on roads with. It will definitely corrode metal and kill grass.

- Epsom Salt is magnesium sulfate. Sold in pharmacies.  I've researched
various ground enhancement chemicals in depth, and everything I read said
that Epsom salts didn't damage conductors or kill vegetation.

Having said that, I concur that it would be better to lay down some
conductors rather than use chemicals, especially in this case. But it's
usually great stuff for ground rods.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com