Topband: Inv L Config

Charles Shaw chasshaw at leaco.net
Tue Dec 6 08:05:40 EST 2016

On 2016-12-06 04:37, Jerry Keller, K3BZ, wrote:
>or is it enough to "fatten" the vertical
> (radiating) section ?  How much BW will 3" diameter spacers give me?

	About 16 years ago I modified an ordinary inverted L (with c60 feet
vertical) using 4 vertical #14 wires spaced in a one-foot square--hoping
to broaden the TX band width.  No sign of improved bandwidth could be
observed!  I was using the same groundplane of thirty-six 65-foot-long
wires about 2 inches into the soil and the same horizontal loading-wire.

	Then I built a 86 foot tall, T-topped vertical with a 4-wire gull-wing
groundplane at 20 feet which I'm still using. Its bandwidth is a little
better than the L had.

73, Charles - N5UL
Hobbs, NM