Topband: DX Propagation long path is getting strong this season

Larry - K1UO k1uo at tds.net
Tue Dec 6 15:05:52 EST 2016

A couple of us in Maine also worked Joe WL7E this morning but the LP direction was closed for us.  Instead, Joe was worked via the conventional NW path for me with the HI-Z array.  There was some slight copy to the West direction but I attribute that to pattern overlap on the vertical RX array.   So far this season we here in the NE area have had very limited and short openings of any kind to the SSW or even the SSE LP to Asia at our SS.