Topband: RX ant-Frozen ground

Don Moman VE6JY ve6jy.1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 17:29:56 EST 2016

Hi Steve;

Even though I am about 80km from the nearest MW transmitter,  BCB IM is a
constant issue here.  Considerably worse in the winter. I am always VERY
suspicious that any crankup towers would be a significant contributor to
the creation of IMD products, both because of the sliding sections and the
cables.   Many of the conventional bolt together towers here, have bonding
straps across the tower section splices.  A few years ago I ran a length of
1/4 aircraft cable up along the tower, over a pulley (metal) and out to
form a catenary line. Instant intermod everywhere.  Unless the crankups use
insulated pullies...

Don
VE6JY