Topband: "Thinking out loud"

K1FZ-Bruce k1fz at myfairpoint.net
Thu Dec 22 21:24:05 EST 2016

Thanks for the information Stew.  Originally I tried it at my parents QTH on 40 meters when I was teenager. Was licensed in 1950 as W1TJQ.

Ideas get lost and time goes by.  In the 1920 Hugo Ginsburg ( not sure of his last name spelling)  in a book at the Belfast Library said silicon looked promising as a rectifier. It took to early 1950/ late 1940's for it to be re-discovered.

Thanks again.

73
Bruce-k1fz