Topband: NA from HS propagation spotlights

Bob Kupps n6bk at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 02:05:28 EST 2016

Hi the first-ever topband NA QSO from here with K7CA went in to the log at 1237. Sigs were quite strong at times with long QSB and arriving from NE. The only 2 KH6s heard were also NE then logged at 1243 and 1256. Then beginning 1305 N7DD K5KC N7AT and N5UL went into the log during a 15 minute window when sigs all came in strong from S/SE. NX6T was then heard weak direct SP NE but faded out. Finally K7CA was accidentally worked again at 1344, still going strong on the direct path over an hour later! Other than that I heard no other NA during the random times I was able to operate, even in the clear bottom 10kHz that ironically only HS hams seem to have anywhere around here...
The HiZ 8 circle seems to be performing very well. We will be QRT for a while but looking forward to getting on topband from here this coming fall season.
73 Bob HS0ZIA