Topband: Antenna Tuners

Larry lknain at nc.rr.com
Mon Feb 15 05:26:05 EST 2016

I have started looking at tuners myself and was mainly interested in
auto tuners. There are some that claim to handle the legal limit except
for RTTY. I have a Dentron MT3000A  manual tuner and it doesn't seem to
care. OTOH most of my antennas usually don't need a tuner as I have had
solid state rigs since the early 1980's and they are not as tolerant of
an SWR above 2:1. I recently switched to a solid state amp which is much
more touchy about SWR than the radios. I am thinking the auto tuner may
make the amp a bit happier. The choices are few however.

73, Larry  W6NWS