Topband: What would Stew want?

Tree tree at kkn.net
Fri Jan 8 13:18:29 EST 2016

The Boring ARC does not pretend to know whether or not Stew would want the
TBDC named after him.

The Boring ARC did not create the Stew - it just saw a good idea that came
together and needed some organization for the concept to grow into what it
is today.

The Stew concept was invented by a group of interested hams - and the rules
were developed in committee.  I can't honestly remember all of the people
who were involved in the discussion - but I know that Bill Fisher, KM9P /
W4AN (a silent key himself) was very much involved.  Maybe someone else who
was there can provide more details.  The first Stew was run - and then
there was nobody around to do the work of generating the results. That is
when the Boring ARC stepped in.

I do believe that Stew would like some of the concepts incorporated into
the Stew contest.  He might even operate it given the chance.

However, even if that is not true, I hope Stew is happy with the fact that
the event is something that honors his contribution to the band - and if
nothing else - provides a reason for people who are new to the band to
wonder who this K1BB [sic] fellow is.

I can't think of any other contest that has taken the name of an individual
- so this must be a great honor!

73 Tree N6TR (who never met Stew - but heard him on the band at least once)