Topband: Strange propagation

Larry pacer99 at aol.com
Thu Jan 14 18:00:44 EST 2016

>From Wikipedia. Please note the word "pecuniary". Should you think otherwise please write to them and ask for a correction and for what reasons.

Amateur radio (also called ham radio) describes the use of radio frequencyspectra for purposes of non-commercial exchange of messages, wirelessexperimentation, self-training, private recreation and emergency communication. The term "amateur" is used to specify "a duly authorised person interested in radioelectric practice with a purely personal aim and without pecuniary interest;"[1] (either direct monetary or other similar reward) and to differentiate it from commercial broadcasting, public safety (such as police and fire), or professional two-way radio services (such as maritime, aviation, taxis, etc.).

Thanks,
Larry
N7DD