Topband: strange propagation

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Fri Jan 15 08:50:47 EST 2016

> I would think a few fines issued by the FCC to the remote station holder,
> would shut these games down in a hurry.  I wonder if the RHR station
> owners
> that are being leased out by individuals realize their liability in these
> circumstances.  I think some people will be shocked with a certified
> letter
> at some point and the game will quickly change.

Ed,

This horse gets beat to death every several months.

RHR is the safest, most regulated, use of a remote station. IP's are
watched, people pay a membership, they have to log in, and they know if
caught breaking any law they lose a deposit and are booted. It is also
completely 100% legal.

In contrast, there are dozens of hundreds of unregulated free Internet
stations. No one thinks about them, but they are all over the world now.

I don't have the slightest worry about RHR leasing my station, because I
know they watch it. I also know it is their responsibility to watch it, but
the main thing is it is policed by them.\

This entire thing is beyond silly. A group of the same repeating people
without facts just stir each other up with fantasies, which is typical for
people today. This is why we can't fix anything. We never let logic or facts
get in the way of whining like two-year-olds.

A friend of mine at the Georgia State Public Service Training Center (right
down my street) says this social trend, made pandemic through Internet, has
even been assigned a name now. It is called Homogeneous Clustering. This is
where groups of people cluster together and invent their own reality, feed
off each other's emotions, and dismiss anyone outside their group as a
problem and dishonest.

Political parties are now largely homogeneous clusters, as are protest or
action groups. I hate to see Hams, who generally used to be higher than
average intelligence, develop homogeneous clustering. It looks like that is
happening. Next thing you know, the false memes and quotes will start.  :)

73 Tom