Topband: strange propagation

Herbert Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Fri Jan 15 13:49:32 EST 2016

Raoul

Well liberally quoting Forest Gump....TB Dxing is like a box of
chocolates....you never know what your gonna git."  I called S9SS for
two years before I worked him and that is a chip shot across the pond.
The same with DU/N0NM who I never worked but heard daily. Now I am
working DU7ET on TB nearly every morning including SSB QSO's.  Robert is
using a low dipole and we get a good SR/SS enhancement.  DU/N0NM was
receiving on a vertical which pretty much explains everything. last week
FR4NT was peaking at his SR at 579 but couldn't hear me.  the next day
he laid a bog my direction and it was easy.  This thrill of victory and
agony of defeat far surpasses and internet QSO.  We may soon see
Dx-peditions that merely use Skype of a small SDR rig on the shelf to
work them on all bands for cash.  The tempting for a pay to play
operation will trump everything.  (No pun intended.)

Herb Schoenbohm