Topband: VP8STI from Oregon

Milt miltn5ia at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 10:21:27 EST 2016

Here in SW New Mexico/SE Arizona the signal came right up out of the noise
at our local sunset time, 0015Z, and was a workable Q4.  There was deep QSB
on a relatively short cycle.

At that time he was working EU, so I did not call.

Within 30 minutes the signal had faded to unreadable, then went away and was
not heard again the entire, short 5+ hours until the VP8 sunrise.

I did not check any other direction as that path has not shown to be a
skewed path for me in the past.  Tonight I will pay more attention to other
azimuths IF the signal presents itself.

Thanks for all the reports.

73, and good luck de Milt, N5IA, in DM52