Topband: VP8STI 160 Meter Path

KD8RQE at aol.com KD8RQE at aol.com
Thu Jan 21 14:05:54 EST 2016

I'm in southern Michigan, just 10 miles north of the Indiana border.   I
have an inverted L with the vertical portion up 65' and 90 radials of which 60
 are 120'.  I could hear them, but not well enough to hear my call at 0100Z
 and 0200Z.  At 0400Z they were 1-2 S units above my noise and I worked
them  1st call--listening and panadapter showed few others calling.  30 minutes
 later I heard them on 75m SSB and worked them 1st call.  A few minutes
later I worked them on 40 CW after a couple of calls when both nights before I
 was unable to work them on 40 through the EU and W1-4 wall.  Very strange,
 usually the "Black Hole of DX" is quite deep here, but for once
propagation  worked well for me.  A VERY nice night on the low bands.

73

Mike KD8RQE

In a message dated 1/21/2016 1:24:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,