Topband: low band propagation at solar min

jon jones n0jk at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 7 13:26:57 EDT 2016

The topic of fewer sporadic-E openings since 2011 and their geographical distribution (Europe has far more Es than North America) will be reviewed in the August, 2016 QST WA50 column.
 - Jon N0JK

"Speaking of the last minimum, I noticed E skip on 50 MHZ was better here than in the last few seasons. I worked a JA in 2010 and 2011 but have not heard one since, despite diligent listening.  Far fewer EU openings as well for me.  I don't know if this is normal or a fluke, as I started on 6M in 2009.   Sorry about the VHF comment on the Topband Reflector."

73 Charlie N8RR