Topband: Climbing towers

Bob Lawson N6RW n6rw at cox.net
Tue Jun 14 22:19:19 EDT 2016

Forward from ARRL regarding N5IA tower accident

I can not say this any better.

Milt's son Jason here. Thank you for that tribute Sam, and yes it has
always been his choice to free climb, my younger brother and I had
adopted that method for all of our years of climbing as well, it just
seemed less of a hassle. But I can guarantee that from now on any climb
my brother or I make, will be 100% tie off always. This lesson that our
father has taught us, is one that will not soon be forgotten. This has
just proven to us that even the most experienced climber such as the
invincible father of ours is susceptible to accidents. No matter how
much experience or how strong you think you are, gravity is more
experienced and a lot stronger. Please, please always remember safety
first, we don't need any more of these accidents happening any where,
much less in the amateur world.
with sincere regards,
Jason Jensen
son of N5IA.

ARRL Arizona Section
Section Manager: Rev Robert J Spencer, KE8DM
ke8dm at arrl.org