Topband: Back Scatter ?

Nick Hall-Patch nhp at ieee.org
Thu Jun 16 01:41:41 EDT 2016

Hi Bruce,

Does the QSB vary regularly at say a 0.5Hz or 1Hz rate?  Could it be
another station on the channel that is not exactly the same
frequency, not strong enough to deliver audio, but strong enough to
create a sub-audible beat note?

If  it is irregular, shouldn't  the traditional explanation of a
touch of high angle skywave interfering with the small amount of
ground wave remaining after nulling the station be sufficient to
explain the QSB?

73,

Nick

VE7DXR