Topband: Comments on High Performance RX Antennas for a Small Lot (Webinar)

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Mar 4 00:37:56 EST 2016

In this webinar, it was asserted (without explanation) that
for every 1 dB increase in RDF, you get 1.5 to 2.0 dB
improvement in S/N ratio.  I've never heard that before
and don't even see how it makes sense.  Actually, I don't
even know how you can make generalizations like that
unless you are describing a theoretical QTH with uniform
isotropic noise.  I'd like to believe this is true.
Can someone educate me as to why I should believe this?

Rick N6RK