Topband: RDF in the real-world

K1FZ-Bruce k1fz at myfairpoint.net
Fri Mar 4 10:02:22 EST 2016

I agree. There are times, especially in disturbed condx, when my BOG
antennas are "head and shoulders" better than my other antennas.

73
Bruce-K1FZ
www.qsl.net/k1fz/bogantennanotes.html

       I can't vouch for JC's numbers (his numbers may be QTH
specific), but the
concept is believable since the theoretical assumption of isotropic noise
falls apart in the real-world. My BOG *at times* gives much more of an SNR
improvement than the SAL-20 (using measurements on a calibrated S-meter) in
spite of the small difference in RDF between the BOG and SAL-20.

Carl K9LA