Topband: Ground conductivity

R. David Eagle kb8nnu at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 22:40:39 EDT 2016

Bruce,
I believe that is extremely possible.  I have witnessed the same exact thing here in northern lower MI where we live in giant sandbox.  I have especially noticed changes in feed point impedance on RX antennas during the winter months when the soils are generally frozen versus the mid summer with lower moisture content.
I have even had this issue with some transmit verticals.....drove me nuts for a while at my last QTH with my 160 inv L where I didn't have a huge radial field.....the feed point impedance would drift between seasons....
One of my next projects is actually going to be setting up a data logger to monitor the soil resistivity throughout the year....Inquiring minds NEED to know!

DaveKB8NNU