Topband: RF interference from 160m to GE Electric stove

Bob K6UJ k6uj at pacbell.net
Sun Nov 6 12:17:41 EST 2016

Bob,

I had to chuckle about your experience on triggering all that stuff in
the house.  :-)
Although not HF band RF interference but I solved an RFI issue on 2
meters with snap on ferrites also.
When I keyed up my 50 watt 2 meter xcvr it would activate the garage
door opener on the house next door.  :-)
I probably could have changed the frequency code on his unit but the
ferrites worked fine.  I don't know the mix
just tried a couple of clamp ons I had.

Bob
K6UJ