Topband: 160 m inverted L

Herbert Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Tue Nov 8 18:12:02 EST 2016

Bread slicers have their issues and are not really the best solution.
Using a fixed high current mica G2 broadcast capacitor of a higher value
than you need, and making it variable with a series inductor is the way
to go.  This is what broadcast stations do in their ATU's.  I haven't
ever seen a bread slicer in a radio station ATU.  A good high current
mica cap and a flat wound taped coil IMHO is the way to make everything
work well with no breakdowns.  For a wide range of matching consider a
bridge T with fixed components and taped coils.  Go to W8JI's wonderful
site for the values you need based on the impedance presented to your
feed-line.

Herb, KV4FZ