Topband: 160 m inverted L

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 13:22:01 EST 2016

Got a lot of mail about this, teaching me to shut up because I don't
have much free time.

Look folks, as you all know, just about everything with antennas works
in some fashion and there's a sliding scale.  It's not all black and
white.  With elevated radials, it isn't as if putting radials at 20
feet up for a 160 m. vertical monopole or 30 feet or anything below 50
feet like 49, will turn them off and make them entirely
non-functional.  But gradually, as they are placed ever closer to
earth, their function as a _counterpoise_ is lessened, and they become
more of a _ground system_.  You can certainly place them at say, 20
feet high, however, I'd employ more than three or four at that height.

73

Rob
K5UJ