Topband: Soldering radials?

Matthew King - KK4CPS KK4CPS at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:27:58 EDT 2016

All this talk of radials makes me wonder about my radial field....

The area that the radials live in has been burned in a backfire. It has a
wide variety of wire in it, mostly stranded copper.  I'm sure the
insulation is no more now that it's been burned.

I'm quite sure they're corroded now, most likely on each strand of each
wire.

The million dollar question, now - are the radials ruined?  Would I realize
better coverage if I were to replace them?

Inquiring minds want to know....

73

Matt
AK4MK