Topband: New Noise - 160 Meters

Joe Galicic galicic at comcast.net
Thu Oct 13 13:41:38 EDT 2016

Link to files https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3ftcsm50mvr9jmy/AABcDfHjYn-GKvelQhmyJTBia?dl=0

----- Original Message -----

From: "Joe Galicic" <galicic at comcast.net>
To: "PVRC List" <pvrc at mailman.qth.net>, "TopBand List" <topband at contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 1:35:15 PM
Subject: Topband: New Noise - 160 Meters

Just put up my 160 antenna and have a new noise source to find. Very loud wide band buzzing that starts in the middle of the AM broadcast band and then abruptly drops to zero at 1870 KHZ. I have attached sound file and panadapter screen shots. It is not coming from my QTH. One night it went off at 11PM sharp but has returned and doesn't seem to quit. I will continue to monitor for a cycle. I walked the neighborhood with portable AM radio and the noise seems to be contained within a four house area. Tough to tell which house though. All utilities are buried in my neighborhood. Could this be a grow lamp ? Thanks -Joe N3HEE